Whole30 Roasted Potato & Wilted Kale Salad

For the month of October, I'm doing the Whole30 Program, and one of the first things I made this past Saturday was for a picnic where I knew there would be non-Whole30 potato salads. I underestimated how fast it'd go, as there were several other people who were also embarking on their Whole30 journey the same day. As a result, I got many requests for the recipe, which "didn't exist". :D That's because I took 3 similar recipes & made them Whole30 compliant.



Whole30 Roasted Potato & Wilted Kale Salad

Ingredients
(no amounts, as I didn't measure :D )

Cubed Potatoes
Cubed Sweet Potatoes
Onions
Kale
Chopped Celery
Whole30-Approved Bacon
"Gobs of Garlic" (no salt/sugar variety) **
Balsamic  Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Smoked Paprika
Spicy Brown Mustard

Method:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine oil, vinegar, mustard & seasonings, then pour over the cubed potatoes.

Mix until thoroughly coated. Spread on baking sheet (we use parchment paper to prevent sticking) & cook for at least 45 minutes (check & flip them a few times) & remove once they are golden brown & crispy edges.

 
Caramelize the onions in skillet with olive oil, then use same pan cook the bacon.

 

Remove bacon but leave the oil & bacon fat in the pan & add chopped kale. Heat just enough to wilt, but still have a bright green color.
Combine potatoes, onions, kale, bacon & celery (raw) & mix thoroughly. I had leftover oil/ vinegar mixture, so added that to make it extra "creamy". Serve room temperature.


**You can use your own seasoning mix, but I really like the Gobs of Garlic mix
& it can be purchased here:


The original recipes I got my ideas from:

Comments